Statistics & Census
Over the years the Centre of Hope has grown immensely and our statistics prove this. It is unfortunate that our need is growing in the community however reviewing our statistics allows us to constantly review the services that are being utilized the most and look at possibly implementing more or different programs to ensure our patrons are receiving the best possible supports.
Did You Know???
- The Centre of Hope provides programs and services to 175 t o 200 different homeless individual per week!
- Men are the most frequent users of the Centre of Hope!
- The average age of men accessing the Centre is 43.59 years!
- The average age of women accessing the Centre is 39.22 years!
- 50% of patrons accessing the Centre of Hope are sleeping rough each night, even during the winter months (they do not access mat or shelter programs)!
- The majority of individuals accessing the Centre of Hope are from the province of Alberta, with the province of BC closely behind!
- The majority of individuals accessing the Centre of Hope have been homeless for 1 to 3 years!
- 50 homeless individuals who access the Centre of Hope have lived in the Municipality of Wood Buffalo for 20 years to life!
- The Centre of Hope has 16 employees!
- The Centre of Hope has an annual operating budget over 1 million dollars!
Centre of Hope – One Week Snap Shot - December 10-16, 2009 – 107 Patrons Surveyed
- Aboriginal Heritage
- How long have you lived in Ft. McMurray?
- Which province do you call home?
- Where are you living now?
- How long have you been homeless?
- Daily attendances.
The average age for males was 43.32.
The average age for females was 37.53.
6 patrons were between 18 and 25 years of age: (4 males and 2 females)
27 patrons were over 50 years of age (25 males and 2 females)
Where are you living now?
Daily Attendances (Total Weekly Attendance – 345)
Quarterly Stats – January – March 2010